Monday, June 4, 2012


I am easily one of the least creative people in the entire world.  I always have some big idea and then never have the means to actually do it…or the patience.  Like a pretty large majority of the population, I have fallen victim to Pinterestitis-the belief that I can be crafty and make something wonderful out of a paper cup, some thread, and a little homemade Mod Podge!  Not really, but I was feeling “inspired” the other day and saw about 10 random vases just sitting in our house.  They are currently serving no purpose and we are trying to redecorate our bedroom so I figured they would be perfect on our shelves, which are also being refinished, but that project isn’t going quite so well J.  Anyways, this is super easy for anyone!  I bought three different acrylic paint bottles from Hobby Lobby that coordinated with my bedding.  I squeezed 6 big globs (2 of each color but make sure you alternate them) right in the bottom of a vase.  When I flipped it over, I started to slowly turn the vase to give it a slight swirl effect and then just turned it upside down onto a piece of cardboard overnight.  Super easy and quick!  The next morning, I had my own “artistic” pieces to put on the shelves.  I did each one a little different and even finished one off that had a lot of bare glass by spraying metallic gold spray paint inside of it.  So while I may not be creating any masterpieces anytime soon, I am pretty pleased with my cheap, fun, easy, pizzazzed vases.  Also, sorry about the low-quality pictures…Maybe I will have better ones when I get the shelves done and put the vases up J

Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment